What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

External SWF looks squashed when loaded into main movie.

MM74

I created an external slideshow movie to be loaded into a main flash website, but when running the website's SWF the externally loaded slideshow looks vertically squashed and distorted.

The slideshow swf works perfectly in its own file, and was loaded in using a UI Loader component set to the movie's exact dimensions.

How do I get the external swf to display correctly?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
--

PS: To those who would recommend loading the swf via AS3, I did use a basic AS3 loading script and the slideshow did display correctly, but seemed to be 'stuck' on a particular position in the movie despite clicking on other pages within the website. The actionscript was pasted in the frame that was supposed to contain the external slideshow. How would I get the slideshow to display exclusively on a single particular frame?

Thanks.

Hoogle

Guru
Why are you using flash, Not being funny here just curious is it an interactive video or just an animation. Also you say a flash site does it need to be flash,

I ask this because Flash is a dying web language being replaced by the much more versatile HTML5, Xhtml etc. Mainly due to the fact not many mobile devices can display a flash based site.

MM74

Why are you using flash, Not being funny here just curious is it an interactive video or just an animation. Also you say a flash site does it need to be flash,

I ask this because Flash is a dying web language being replaced by the much more versatile HTML5, Xhtml etc. Mainly due to the fact not many mobile devices can display a flash based site.

I hear you - I'm using Flash because it is part of my college syllabus (outdated, mind you... my Flash textbook was published in 2006-07 and I am restricted to using Adobe Flash CS3 while CS7 is currently being developed)
and this is my assignment for it. :neutral: