What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Clipping paths not allowed for live paint?

fword

I'm needing to use the live paint tool but when doing so I get an error message.
"The selection contains objects that cannot be converted. Live Paint groups can only contain paths and compound paths. Clipping paths are not allowed."
I'm guessing its from the pen tool as this was the first time I used it so much. Any idea what I'm doing wrong and can I convert the paths to the ones allowed for live paint?

Sorry, illustrator is a little more complicated than I thought.

Burned Ice

Power User
can you show us a print screen of your illustrator program saying that thing?

fword

aiscreen.png

Burned Ice

Power User
googled it for you, maybe if you keep having errors, type the text in google/websearch of you choiche and search, this is what i found:

You must first convert your text to outlines.

Select it using the direct select tool (aka black arrow). Do not highlight it using the text tool.

Make sure it is not part of a group or a compound path.

Then choose Type > Create Outlines. It shouldn't be grayed out.

Then you can use Live Paint on it

I'm needing to use the live paint tool but when doing so I get an error message.
"The selection contains objects that cannot be converted. Live Paint groups can only contain paths and compound paths. Clipping paths are not allowed."
I'm guessing its from the pen tool as this was the first time I used it so much. Any idea what I'm doing wrong and can I convert the paths to the ones allowed for live paint?

Sorry, illustrator is a little more complicated than I thought.

Have you tried flattening your image before you convert to live paint?