What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator change colour of text of a given colour in a given document

guycruls

I have a B&W document, except for some sections in a given colour.
Can I select one single word in that colour and apply it to all other text in the document that are also in that same colour and into a new one?
many thanks

ibclare

Queen Bee
guycruls, your question is very unclear. Would you please try to restate it in short sentences explaining each issue? I can answer what I think you mean, but I'd rather get it straight first.

guycruls

guycruls, your question is very unclear. Would you please try to restate it in short sentences explaining each issue? I can answer what I think you mean, but I'd rather get it straight first.

I have been asked to rephrase my query, so here goes:

1. I have a document with text in two colours - black and green
2. I want to change the green text to blue in one single operation
3. how do I do it?

Paul

Former Member
Replace colour picker tool would do it.

COLOUR-PICKER.pngwas all black made a selection with the elliptical marquee tool then colour picked and made pink over blue.

Last edited:

guycruls

I clarified my query, having been asked to;
receiving a comprehensive rather than vague answer would be helpful.

guycruls

shall I re-phrase my query?
1. Illustrator document has some text black
2. some text is green
3. I want to avoid having to go through the whole document, highlighting green words, phrases or sections and individually change the colour
4. I am hoping there is a command that allows me to change all green text in my document in one single operation

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul

Former Member
Maybe making a better start to your original request would have given you more responses, but seeing that you like to belittle people who try and help with the limited information you forwarded, will only go to seeing you get limited if any responses my friend.
What i forwarded is a valid reply.
Let's hope someone will be along shortly to help you in your growing request.

Inkz

Guru
Can you post an image of what you are talking about...

That will prove helpful to others who are willing to help you out with your query. But Paul nailed it on the head with what to do.

It's as simple as that.