What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Is there a way to "simlify" a stroked layer so that it maintains ratio when resizing?

imprint

I created the following image (actually, a recreation of a crappy scanned image), and made the cross thing in the diamond with the pencil tool, but had to stroke it out to get it thick enough to match the original. View attachment Hinkamp.ai

Then I had to resize the whole image so that it can be made into a die, but when I size it down the stroke stays the same thickness as in the larger image (so the cross looks really thick relative to the rest of the image--see below). View attachment Hinkamp Resized.ai

Is there a way to "simplify" the cross layer like you can in Photoshop, which makes this problem go away?

Re: Is there a way to "simlify" a stroked layer so that it maintains ratio when resiz

Preferences-General check scale strokes and effects.

Re: Is there a way to "simlify" a stroked layer so that it maintains ratio when resiz

Awesome! That was it! Thanks.

Back