What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Live Paint Bucket tool problem -> "Clipping paths are not allowed"

Lenn

I want to take two 3D views (hidden line) from Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012 to Illustrator (CS5) and then make use of the live paint bucket tool. I've printed the two views into pdf files and imported them in Illustrator, but when I want to use the Live Paint Bucket tool Illustrator gives me the following error:

"The selection contains objects that cannot be converted. Live Paint groups can only contain paths and compound paths. Clipping paths are not allowed."

How can I solve this issue? Exporting images (jpg) from Revit results in the same error. Is there a way to easily convert my vector image to a non-clipping paths drawing?

I found out the problem myself. In Illustrator: when opening a layer, it is possible to see all the paths in the drawing in a big list. If you search this list for groups, you will find "cilliped paths" inside them. If you delete those, it is possible to use the Live Paint Bucket tool.

Also: apparently Revit has some difficulty in converting the 3D model to pdf, since there where some gaps here and there (and the "clipped paths problem of course"), so I had to make a few extra paths in order to complete certain areas.

But in the end, it al worked with a bit of effort :)

I found out the problem myself. In Illustrator: when opening a layer, it is possible to see all the paths in the drawing in a big list. If you search this list for groups, you will find "clipped paths" inside them. If you delete those, it is possible to use the Live Paint Bucket tool.

Also: apparently Revit has some difficulty in converting the 3D model to pdf, since there where some gaps here and there (and the "clipped paths problem of course"), so I had to make a few extra paths in order to complete certain areas.

But in the end, it al worked with a bit of effort

Back