What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator how can I "simplify" this set of objects?

imprint

EDIT: I GOT AN ANSWER ELSEWHERE. THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME, BUT PLEASE DISREGARD THIS THREAD. I WOULD HAVE DELETED THE THREAD BUT DON'T KNOW HOW.

View attachment a stupid diamond.ai

I have this image, which came in the form of a jpeg or similar pixelated format, and I opened it in AI CS5 and did a live trace to vectorize it. Unsurprisingly, it came out with a billion points. I had to add some "shading"--the black facets of the diamond--so I direct selected the facets I needed and then filled them black. Since then I've been trying to make the whole damn thing one shape so that I can put a stroke around only the outside of the diamond, but haven't been able to figure out how to do it. I understand that I could use the pen tool and redraw this easily--that's not the point. I'm sure that I will come across similar problems in the future, and likely with shapes that are way more complex than this is (and so very difficult to redraw, and too time-consuming) so I'd like to know how to address this issue from here. What does a guy have to do? Thanks,

Tomas

Last edited: