What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Please help, need to add Texture to object

kahagap

Hello,

I need help adding textures (skin) to objects in Illustrator CS6. I am able to add the physical characteristics of the texture, but it's always masked by a color, as in, I can never just add the texture itself to box or background.

I made sure to convert the texture I was using to PSD format, but it still did not help.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

hawkeye

Guru
It isn't at all clear to me what you are trying to do, or how. Perhaps if you explain better I can help you.

mikelamar

I can't understand a lot of what you are trying to do but the drill is almost the same...create the texture>add it to swatches...OK
Create the object you want to add the texture and add it from the swatch panel.
If you want to edit the texture double click it from the panel.

kahagap

Thanks guys, I figured it out. The problem I was having was that when I loaded the texture in the "texturizer", it was masked by a color. I had a hard time removing the color, so that only the texture would remain by itself (for example, I was trying to give a box shape a marble texture).