What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Why is Illustrator outlining my fonts without my command to do so?

Daring Blasphemer

I design packaging. As I am working, I notice my fonts look strange. When I click on them I file one to six copies of the text outlined on top of the live text. I delete them one at a time and they come back within hours. I can not find a reason for this. There does not appear to be any pattern. What do you think?

SPWA

Power User
What sort of things do you do in Illustrator between typing the text & noticing the outlined copies.

This has happened to me once before, and that was because I had the text in a layer, shared with another object. I checked the box in layers to select everything on that layer, but I only wanted the part of it, so anything I did to copy of the object also happened to the text.

I can't say this is what is happening to you but it was certainly the cause for me. I now am a bit more careful when it comes to selecting a vector that shares a layer with other things.

Last edited:

Daring Blasphemer

SPWA,
This is on a layer with other object. The text is not new. It has been in the document through most of the development. I am not selecting it, moving it, or changing it.
Thank you.