What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator How to crop content or mask content of a layer containing a lot of elements

Tobz

I've been provided with a logo in a square format - it's lots of elements all in 1 layer making up the logo. I've been asked to make it into a circle so some of the background and other elements will not show that fall being that circle, only the parts inside the circle should show.

I'm not an Illustrator expert, more intermediary so I need some guidance please guys.

What is the best approach to hiding or removing the content that falls outside the circle? Ideally I want to save the file as PDF so when opened it's transparent outside the circle. I'm using CS6.

hawkeye

Guru
Make a circle above the other objects, select all, Object-Clipping mask-make. (The pictures are in reverse order, but you should get it nonetheless)

Attachments

• ScreenShot004.jpg
    ScreenShot004.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 9
  • ScreenShot003.jpg
    ScreenShot003.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 9
  • ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 9