What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Specs required for uploading content to Comixology.

Oh for Chrissake!

Hi folks,

I could use some help in understanding what the required specs mean. Actually, the best help would be letting me know how to adjust specs rather than long written explanations and definitions of terms.

The story: I've written a comic book. The illustrations were done in Illustrator CS4. I can easily open these .AI files in Photoshop and then create .jpg files. (I do it that way because when Illustrator creates .jpgs it captures a lot more than I need. Photoshop is more exact. Of course, if I'm missing something, please feel free to clue me in.)

So, after I've written the comic book, I want to upload it to Comixology, or really any website. But man, I just don't understand their required specs. More importantly, how to adjust them if need be. Again, I just want to know how to adjust them and I'll hopefully see the results and learn by doing instead of reading mountains of tutorials.

Here are the specs: From https://submit.comixology.com/site/guidelines

• Minimum Dimensions: 1800px on its smallest side (minimum 2048px x 1536px for comics that are Guided View™ only.)

• A cover image for your comic of a minimum of 640px on its smallest side.
  • Title or Series logo artwork— 600px x 600px dimensions in JPG format. Because of the way our system works, even if your comic is a one-shot or stand alone book, it must have a series entry in our system, and that entry must have series art.
  • Company logo— 600px x 600px dimensions in JPG format.
  • Optionally, images of all creators involved in the book— 600px x 600px dimensions in JPG format.

My problems:
I don't know how to change the pixel rate for the Illustrator file once it's been created.
I don't know if the pixel rate translates exactly into PDF (for the story panels) and JPG (for the cover and logo).
If they don't translate, then I don't know how to change them in PDF or JPG.

Have I totally screwed myself by doing all of this in Illustrator to begin with?

Thank you!

OFC!