What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator working with cpu-heavy projects efficiently

thefutureiswavy

Hello, so I made some logos for a friends website. They look great, but he wants a few things changed. There are lots of effects added to objects, lots of blends and lots of objects in general. It is quite a cpu-intensive project. I'm a bit frustrated waiting for the effects to load every time I move something. I could go in and turn off every effect, but they're tucked away in different groups in different symbols. I could have been better prepared from the start but it seems like there should be a much easier way to deal with this kind of situation. What precautions and workflow methods could I use to make these kind of situations easier to handle? Like a button to disable/hide all effects. Or a way to turn off automatic refresh, like you can in After Effects using the caps lock. Even using outline mode wants to render the effects every time I change something. I'm using CS5 by the way. Thanks for the help

Back