What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Help with my logo, please.

MrVicious

Hi everyone. Please help. I'm ultra newbie to Illustrator.
My problem is the following:
I have this logo in a .jpg file and i'm thying to duplicate it on Illustrator.

fdotransparente.png
Well, after long searching i found that the font used was Swiss 721 Bold Condensed, so, i used it and wrote "Clustering" in Illustrator, and defined the tracking between charecters in -75.
The result was this:
Captura.PNG
The C in capital letter is intentional.
But, i don't know how to get that surrounding black border.
Help please (step by step if it's possible)

Thanks in advance.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Is this font available as a solid rather than an outline? That would make the fat stroke easier to do. I don't know AI, but in PS, all you would need to do is add a large, outside stroke under layer effects. But if you have the outline font, the stroke will just fill the empty parts.You don't need the outline anyway as the large black stroke obscures it.

Maybe an AI member will come along with real Illustrator advice, but I would check and see if that font is available in solid form before getting into complex selections ot make it solid.
clustering.png
To fill in the white holes, I made a layer below and used a hard round brush stroke in black.
clustering2.png

Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I don't use Illustrator much either...

If you're trying to re-create that logo, the closest match may be done in PS using the drop Shadow Effect.

SolidShadow.jpg

It may need touching up by painting over the gaps unless you make the shadow bigger which will cover them.

I don't have AI loaded but AI's shadow doesn't have the same controls in PS.... unless I'm mistaken....

edit... Hang on, if Master Hawkeye's here, I'm sure he knows.....