What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Create guide (newbie)

Juc1

Hi all,

In PS I can set a percentage for my guide so 50% would be dead centre. In AI I know I can drag the ruler to set a new guide but can I set a percentage - for example 50% of the artboard?

Thanks...

Go to View> New Guide enter 50% and select horizontal or vertical

@ Hoogle thanks but I can't see View> New Guide in my CS6 - I have View > Guides > Make Guides - which is greyed out - see attached.

Thanks...

ai.jpg

Ah my Bad I totally misread your post. If you click and drag guides in illustrator you will see a large green line pop up stating your in the center. I ofthen just draw a circle in AI and then use the allign pallet to center it to document, and use that as my reference for center

@ Hoogle - very nice video - thank you!

Re the attached screenshot from your video I think the X and Y co-ordinates can also be adjusted to move the guide. So if I want a guide at for example 40% it seems that I have to do some maths - 40% of a width of 210mm would be 84mm. It seems strange that you can't just set a guide as a percentage (ie without having to do some maths) like you can in PS...

ai-guide.jpg

Back