What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Selecting

steveeyes

I use illustrator (CS6) at my work. Many times my boss will buy a vector image at shutterstock and than give it to me with instructions.

View attachment 4-illustration.eps

The image attached is an EPS file. Hopefully EPS is ok and this will work. I think for anyone to help me they would need to look at the image on illustrator.

My boss says to me "I want you to remove the light bulb in this image and use it on its own"

Sometimes it is easy to select one element in illustrator, I may have to ungroup them, but usually I get what I want.

Than there are times no matter what I do, like the image attached, I can't select the element I want.

So with my limited knowledge I thought there must be a better way to select something in illustrator especially when you run across something like the attached vector (eps) image.

My hope is that someone can download the attached image and give me some tips that makes this job easier for an image like the one attached.

Thanks

View attachment 4-illustration.eps

hawkeye

Guru
Whoever made this didn't use any layer organization, and that makes it difficult to isolate the objects. Adding another level of difficulty, they didn't use any strokes. Instead for the outlines there is one single object over which they placed slightly smaller pieces. See the screenshot. Honestly for something so simple as a light bulb, it would be quicker to just draw a new one.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 0

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Like Hawkeye said..make a new one. You could trace it in 5 minutes.