What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Depth of field effect in Illustrator

Miljan Bej

I am learning Illustrator and I am trying to make this effect(road with depth of field):

a.png

What would be preferred tool/technique to achieve this in Illustrator?
Using Photoshop I could think of some way to do it with transformation effects like "perspective" or "warp"...
But how to transform 2d stripes into something like from the picture above in Illustrator?:eek:

Last edited:

hawkeye

Guru
Depth of field refers to the focusing distance of lenses. What you are referring to is perspective, in this case converging lines. Like railroad tracks no longer remaining parallel as they recede in the distance.
I don't see any a simple way to achieve anything like the image you posted. You'd likely need to draw each line with the pen tool and use a width profile to make the stroke size smaller as it recedes, as I did here.
If anyone knows of an easier way to do I'd be interested in hearing about it too.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 10

Miljan Bej

hawkeye

Thanks for pointing about right terms and sorry for my late response...

I was hoping there is some easy/obvious way to do this, but if not, your solution will do the job as well...

Regards