What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Black Selection Arrow Won't Let Go With Wacom Tablet

Mark2000

This is a problem I've had with several versions of Illustrator ( currently CC 2014) across multiple computers with more than one tablet (currently latest Intuos Pro) and driver installs.

When I use the black select arrow to click select an object on the art board it acts as if I'm clicking and dragging for a half second. This often pulls an object across the screen when I only wanted it selected. This is the only place this kind of sticky click happens. Direct selection (white arrow) doesn't do it. Nor is it a problem when drawing or using a slider or moving menus. It's also not a problem in any other application. Wacom debug software looks normal.

I'm using OS X Yosemite.2. This has happened in older OS X installs as well. I've just reported the bug to Adobe, but I'm getting sick of hitting undo constantly to put my drawings back where they should be. Any help appreciated.

Mark2000

Maybe no one can help, but is there anyone else experiencing this? Anyone? Everyone? No one?

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Not that anyone here isn't willing to help. It's just that our Mac and tablet using members may still be in the process of finding a solution for you. They may also be at a loss for words most especially if no one among them had experienced your problem.

Sorry for the long wait for a reply but just hang on ..... Let's hope someone eventually has something for you.

Mark2000

I wasn't being impatient. Just rephrasing the question to let people know I'm fine with just getting confirmation that this is a problem others are having and how wide spread it is.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm a long time Mac user. I have used 2 different Wacom tablets with Ps. I'm currently using an Intuos Pro.

I have never had this problem. I don't think this is a bug.

Edit: Make sure your tablet is plugged directly into the computer and NOT into a hub.

Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I wasn't being impatient. Just rephrasing the question to let people know I'm fine with just getting confirmation that this is a problem others are having and how wide spread it is.

Understood.... It's difficult to get the confirmation you're looking for if noone has experienced it. And I doubt if adobe can have a ready answer for you either if they can't re-create your problem.....

I've used an Intuos before but on a PC. And I never experienced your glitch.

If your tablet functions well with other applications, an unnoticed and unsuitable tablet to Adobe product (or vice versa) personal setting you've always used may be causing the problem as you've mentioned you've experienced this across different AI versions and computers.

Perhaps if you provide a screenshot of your PS and Wacom settings, our members could compare/cross check with their settings to see if they can trace the problem?

Just thinking out loud by a longshot.....

edit.... oooops..... I forgot you mentioned that other AI tools and sliders work fine..... it's just with the black selection arrow tool. Back to the drawing board......

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
I'm not a Mac user,but I did get an auto updated driver a couple of days ago. Also have the Intuos Pro. You might just be sure you do have the latest driver for sure. Just a suggestion. Also using CC 2014..

Last edited: