What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Change background colour without effecting photograph

ryanlikealion

HelloI am new to the forum - I cant find an existing post that matches this exact inquiry, so Im creating a new thread.I am new to using Adobe illustrator and want to use it to make simple posters for events i'm organising.I have placed a photo into my project but when i change the background colour using document setup (to turqoise in this particular example) it is affecting my photograph. How do i change the background colour using document set up, without changing the colour of the photograph?I hope ive worded that correctly - seems like a mouthful for what is probably a simple issue!Thanks

hawkeye

Guru
Make a rectangle the same size as the document and set the fill color as you wish, then move it to the back.

ryanlikealion

Thankyou for the reply - i know how to make the rectangle. How do i put it in the back ground. Also, should i have the same range of colours to choose from. Thankyou.

hawkeye

Guru
With the rectangle selected, right click-Arrange-Send to back, or use the shortcut shift+ctrl+[. You pick any color you wish.