What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator What advice would you give someone just starting illustrator?

kymg

What advice would you give an illustrator newbie? What do you wish you had known when you first started using Illustrator?

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Spend a few dollars and sign up at lynda.com. You will learn faster and better there than trying to do it on your own.

Hoogle

Guru
Practise and then practise some more, from using photoshop, I was not so keen on using illustrator, I knew PS very well and illustrator did not seem logical to me, But after sticking it out and working at it now I wish a lot of features from illustrator were carried over to Photoshop.

I learnt more by trying to recreate already existing images, once you get the hang of it then I have to say illustrator is very powerful and makes life very easy in most ways.