What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator new to illustrator- need help

pslane

Hello, I am going to try and learn to use illustrator. I am doing a tut http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/beautiful-lily-pad--vector-5323 and I'm not familiar with the mesh grid or the pick tool. But.....I did get the color in the Second Step, but it's covering the top instead of the bottom of the rectangle. So I'm looking for a flip tool to flip it over and can't find one . (see Screenshot for this)

I have an older version of Illustrator. Do you think some tools are missing from older versions? Why would my attempt to color the bottom 2 rows result in the top rows coloring?

Any help will be appreciated

pslane

Attachments

• ill-1.jpg
    ill-1.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 15

hawkeye

Guru
It sounds like you want the reflect tool, or object-transform-reflect...

pslane

Hang on......I gave up on that tut. Started another one. I plan to go back, though and work on that snag again and try your advice. I'll be back.
Thanks

pslane

Just tried it on the tut I'm working on and it works fine. I guess Reflect=Flip.
Thank you.

julia12

Recently i visited this link. Tutorials are very helpful. i will try on this.Thanks.