What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Help with Selection please?!

Rufkraft

Hello all,

Not the best with illustrator and having a problem with a selection. In the picture below I am trying to remove/select the middle row of trees so a gradient can show through. In PS I would just lower fill to 0% or ctrl+click and remove the selection from the top layer. Not so in AI... Im guessing it has something to do with a clipping mask? eehhh.. im going to keep trying but if anyone can point me in the right direction or help out with a tutorial I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for the read and enjoy the day/night!

Attachments

• help.jpg
    help.jpg
    548.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

hawkeye

Guru
Without seeing the actual file you are working on I can't really help. But I can tell you that layers and selecting do not work the same in Illustrator as you are used to in Photoshop. Illustrator works with paths.Is layer 2 a path?

Rufkraft

Geez..sometimes it is the simplest things that give me the biggest headaches. I achieved what I needed to do by selecting both layers, dividing them with the PATHfinder, and deleting the 2nd layer. Thanks again Hawkeye!

hawkeye

Guru
Glad you worked it out. Try using the Shape Builder tool next time (alt+click to delete).