What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Add phone to image - to look realistic

oodya

Hello,

I am wondering if someone can help please? I am looking at adding a phone (so it looks like the phone is being charged) to the base of the attached lamp (where the arrow is).

Would anyone be able to advise on the best way for me to do this. I would preferably like to use a phone such a Samsung Galaxy S6 or a Nexus 6 as they both have built-in wireless capabilities (and it wouldn't be confusing).

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Oodyalamp.jpg

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Is this what you have in mind?

lamp and cell.jpg

I had no idea about the size of the lamp so...

It is hard to tell you how to do this. I don't know your skill level. This is an easy manipulation.
Find a cell that fits in terms of perspective (lots of those).
Cut the phone out. Drag it to the lamp picture and make it fit on his spot.
Make a copy of the phone beneath the actual phone and make it black, reposition it, reduce the opacity as wished and blur it as wished.
In this case I did not touched the white background. (I did not know what you were gonna do with it)
Apply a warp transform on the shadow to bend it over the edge of the lamp (down left and right)
Use a piece of the screen and apply it on the chrome lamp socket because there is a reflection. (Remove the excess the reflection of the holder from the socket with the clone stamp tool).
Warp the piece of screen arround the socket, apply a blend mode (in this case multiply), reduce opacity as wished and remove the excess of the piece of screen beyond the socket.

Like I said, I don't know your skill level, so I explained it as simple as I could.
Since English is not my native language, I hope you'll forgive me my orthography.

By the way, is this request posted in the right section?

Last edited:

oodya

Hello,

That is more or less exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the instructions! I'm an amateur when it comes to Illustrator. I got to your instructions where it says 'Apply a warp transform' and wasn't too sure how to do this. However, after finding an image of a photo, cutting the phone and dragging it to the spot that looks good, it looked good anyway.

Thank you for your help.

Oodya

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Oodya, are you using Illustrator or Photoshop?
Eggy Was your solution for Ps or Ai?

Eggy

Retired Moderator
IamSam and oodya:

My solution was for PS. After reading the reaction of oodya I realised my mistake.
So he needs someone with knowledge of AI and not PS: my mistake.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Not a problem Eggy. You still might have the right solution as we have not heard from oodya yet.

oodya

Hello,

Thank you for your comments. This seemed to work on Illustrator too. I got a picture of a mobile phone, cut it and placed it on the lamp (see the attachment). Thanks for your comments. Thanks for your help Eggy. Thanks for double checking IamSam :)lamp with phone.png