What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Creating Logo to use in Photoshop

renny0927

I am fairly new to working with Illustrator and I am trying to create a logo to use in Photoshop as a watermark on my photos. I create the image, which includes a copyright symbol i created from 2 circles, the image does not seem to transfer over when pasting into photoshop. I get a circle that is all filled in. I have no fill on the shapes, only strokes. I created another logo and had a rectangle around my logo and again during the copy and paste into photoshop, the only thing visible was a big black box. In both cases i am pasting as a Shape Layer to try and create my custom shape. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a file that I am trying to use the copyright symbol i created as part of this image and when i bring it over to Photoshop to create a new shape layer, the copyright shape is just a solid color.

I am using Illustrator & Photoshop CC 2015

Thank you in advance!

Renny

Attachments

• selfie watermark vector image.ai
    1.6 MB · Views: 5

SPWA

Power User
Open your Illustrator file that you are happy with, and rather than save as, us the export option, and export to photoshop. This will save a .PSD that you will be able to open in Ps and will hopefully be a faithful Ps version of your Ai file. I hope this solves the issue for you.

MrToM

Guru
I just marquee selected everything in AI with the Select tool, used Ctrl + C to copy it, and then in PS used Ctrl + V to paste it into a new document as a smart object.

AI_2_PS_MT_01.png

No dramas.

Regards.
MrToM.

PS...I'd have also made the copyright symbol an ear-ring ..... but that's just the twisted designer in me.

renny0927

Thank you for the help! I thought about making that an earring also, but changed my mind, will have to give that a revisit. When i paste the image over to Photoshop, i am trying to create a custom shape that i can then add to any photo, that is not an option for me if i paste over as a smart object. Any clues if i am doing something wrong? That is what i am trying to do, create a custom shape.

Thanks again,

Renny

MrToM

Guru
Once you have the logo on its own layer create a marquee selection from it.

Convert that selection to a path.

From here you then have the 'Create Custom Shape' option available.

Regards.
MrToM.

I just marquee selected everything in AI with the Select tool, used Ctrl + C to copy it, and then in PS used Ctrl + V to paste it into a new document as a smart object.

View attachment 59290

No dramas.

Regards.
MrToM.

PS...I'd have also made the copyright symbol an ear-ring ..... but that's just the twisted designer in me.

YESSSSS! Copying from Illustrator into Ps is the no-fuss, no-muss way to go.