What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator How to start with Illustrator?

Deicide8

Hi everyone,

See, I've been playing with illustrator for a while and I like this tool. However, i don't know how and where to start. I have a bit of knowledge about Illustrator, I know basic stuff like creating shapes, pathfinder and that kind of stuff, however I don't know how to get better with Illustrator,

Can anyone guide me?

Thanks in advance.

Library books and on-line tutorials. Try Photoshop Lady and Abduzeedo websites for good tutorials. Follow Adobe Illustrator on Twitter to get free beginner tutorials.

linz

You can just google Illustrator tutorials and there are some great ones out there as well as youtube tutorials. You could also invest in a teaching book like Adobe Illustrator Classroom In A Book or Adobe Illustrator WOW Book. Both come with a CD and are very comprehensive in teaching Illustrator. If you decide to get them you can sometimes find them on Ebay and Amazon used for great prices. Just make sure it comes with the cd.

Shannon Hardy

Hi everyone,

See, I've been playing with illustrator for a while and I like this tool. However, i don't know how and where to start. I have a bit of knowledge about Illustrator, I know basic stuff like creating shapes, pathfinder and that kind of stuff, however I don't know how to get better with Illustrator,

Can anyone guide me?

Thanks in advance.

There are lots of tips and tutorials online but you do have to really look for them especially if you are wanting to do something specific. Have you considered doing some training I found it really helped me along. If think some Illustrator training will help, take a look at the following info on why training might benefit you in using the software. https://goo.gl/wieY5y