What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Making a simple icon in illustrator.

gautamz07

Power User
What is this guy really doing at 1:30 mins ? see the video HERE , He seems to not be creating a separate layer with the pen tool , but somehow use the pen tool to extend the layer. like just pulling it or something and i just somehow can't pull of that trick :D

hawkeye

Guru
That isn't a layer, it's a path. He's using the direct selection tool (white arrow). It's used to select and move a single point or multiple points on a path.

gautamz07

Power User
He's using the direct selection tool (white arrow). It's used to select and move a single point or multiple points on a path.
hawkeye thanks :D i managed to do that :)

Now what if i have 3 points like below:

Untitled.jpg

and i want to move only 2 points , how do i select only 2 point and move only between them ?

as of now if i move the point in the center , both the points in the left and right move , i don't want that to happen , i only want one of the point , either the left or the right to move.

Thank you.