What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator AI not showing the correct font sizes

gautamz07

Power User
Hey guys , i have been used to using PS , but recently a designer built a website layout in AI.

View attachment WEBSITE-10.ai

Now when i click on the nav fonts i see a font size of 8px , that can't be possibly right ? can somebody tell me what can i do to get the correct font sizes used ?

Thank you.
Gautam.

Font size is typically used using point size not pixel.
8 point font size is not the same as 8 pixel size

8pixel font size will change depending on resolution of document as it will be larger on a 72 dpi as to 300 dpi as there is a lot more pixels in 300 dpi so it is 8 pixels

where as 8 point font size will stay the same whatever DPI you have. except if you take a 72DPI document and increase it to 300 dpi then you may see changes.

under type in preferences you can set font scaling to either point size or pixel base

I realized that and hence changed the following settings:

Untitled.jpg

But 8pt changes to 8px , and , under preferances -> type i see no related option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Type should be set to point

If i do that , the units on the top bar show in pt instead of px, see below:

Untitled.jpg

If i download and check the document i posted in the 1st post , can u tell me when u click on any of the nav elements , what size in "px" do you see ?

Thank you.

Back