What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Geometric shape generation

Gary Waldock-Goude

Hi, I have some vector artwork to generate for a vinyl cut out design I am supplying. In the attached mock-up I am trying to find the best/easiest way to redraw the circular shape in the middle of the image, which consists of two shaped rings that repeat uniformly around the rings. As a relatively new user to AI I am struggling to find the best way to do this, any help would be appreciated.
~~

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-03-30 13.35.51.png
    Screenshot 2016-03-30 13.35.51.png
    75.3 KB · Views: 5

hawkeye

Guru
With Illustrator you need to think in component parts. Draw a circle, then a smaller circle on top of it, use pathfinder to remove he top circle and you have a loop. Add a small circle on top of the loop and use the rotate tool to copy the small circles 360° around. The white part is hard to see, but you might try a wide V shape line with a round ended stroke and again rotate it around the center to duplicate the shape. You'll have to play around some to get the rotation degrees correct. Good luck.

Attachments

• Untitled20160401125330.png
    Untitled20160401125330.png
    13 KB · Views: 20

Hoogle

Guru
Just another way to look at it...
Sorry I couldnt record audio I am in a library.......