What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Uploaded Image quality after converting to jpeg

szaz

Hi Guys,

I'm new to designing, so please bear with me.

I have created some vector diagrams in illustrator. I have to use these diagrams in a professional online blog and add in to google docs as well to send it to some students.

The problem is that when i submit the images to those who would publish my blog, they might choose to not have the image published to the 100% size. They might reduce it. And when reduced, the images doesn't look clear or good. The text is unclear. But once I drag the image to 100% size, it looks fine.

Is there a way to maintain the clarity of the images even when it gets published at less than 100% of the original size?

Thanks in advance.

What you can try is raising the pixel density/resolution and saving in png tends to sort out the whole resizing without much issues
example.png

Hi Guys,

I'm new to designing, so please bear with me.

I have created some vector diagrams in illustrator. I have to use these diagrams in a professional online blog and add in to google docs as well to send it to some students.

The problem is that when i submit the images to those who would publish my blog, they might choose to not have the image published to the 100% size. They might reduce it. And when reduced, the images doesn't look clear or good. The text is unclear. But once I drag the image to 100% size, it looks fine.

Is there a way to maintain the clarity of the images even when it gets published at less than 100% of the original size?

Thanks in advance.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Be sure and note that this is an Ai question.

MrToM

Guru
...Is there a way to maintain the clarity of the images even when it gets published at less than 100% of the original size?...
In a word, no.

Regardless of how the images are originally produced, re-sampling, (re-sizing), a raster based image will always have a detrimental effect...be that bigger or smaller.

Displaying images on a web page, regardless of what that it is, will almost certainly not be a vectored image, but rather a jpeg or png. Jpeg compression is good but it needs to be controlled when created...or more 'turned off' to get any reasonable image from it. PNG on the other hand is far more forgiving and nowadays with higher bandwidth internet the preferred format. The days of compressing images for faster web page loading are long gone.

Depending on the ultimate reason for these images will determine what happens to them.....are these jpg's being used as a link to the vectored version for download?

Your statement 'Drag the image to 100% size' is of little use without knowing where you are doing this but it does give a clue that the images you upload are only being converted to jpgs and not re-sized....unfortunately they then get a double wammy of not being displayed AT that size.....so not only have they been compressed to jpg but also not displayed at 100%.

If you need the vectored images to be available for download then I'd suggest creating your own 'uncompressed' PNG versions at the right size to be displayed [wherever] and get whoever to just make them a link to the vectored versions.

If you don't need a vectored image then do yourself a favour and just create the images in PS....one smaller version to fit in the web space allotted to it and the original for download....and in PNG format.

I may have completely misunderstood the question but there are many variables floating around in your situation which means there could be many varied solutions...too many to 'guess' which is right.

regards.
MrToM.