What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Question about vector path

psddr

Hi,

I am still new to vectoring and I have a question. I have drawn a couple of vertical and horizon strips on the canvas.
However, I am stuck as to how to do the end part of the strips where they meet at the circular path of the other strips. (I have circled this in red)

Currently I just manually add points and do manually curve editing but the result isn't that perfect..
Is there a way to automatically adjust all the end part of the strips so that they make a smooth curve along the bend curves they are on?

img.jpg

DiaGraphics

Im not quite sure what you mean. do you mean that you want to cut off the curved lines where they go past the straigt ones?

You can do that by selecting everything you have drawn and then go to shapebuilder and hold down the ALT key while clicking on the things you want to delete :)

UPDATE: OH i think i know what you mean now, you want to make the straight lines end to follow the curve.
This is how you do it:

Make one more curved line and use this as a "knife". you do that by moving it up so it overlaps the straight lines. then you select all the straight lines plus this one overlapping curved line and click on "pathfinder" (find this in the window menu at the top of the screen) and click "subtract". then you should be done :)

I have made this Tutorail on how to do a laural and the technique i use at 0:54 is kind of like what you want to do :)

[video=youtube_share;tKgd32Y67L4]https://youtu.be/tKgd32Y67L4?t=54s[/video]

Last edited:

psddr

Edit: Oops... Looks like I posted this after you updated the thread... I will take a look again.

Thanks.

Last edited:

psddr

Hi Kent,

The method sort of works. However, it seems I can't use this method if there are more than two shapes selected at the same time?...

I tried grouping a few strips together so that they appear as one when selected but when I try to use the intersect option it still throws error
saying no result will be obtained when filtered...

It there a way around it? Though I can use copy and paste to overcome that problem but it is time consuming...

Best Regards,

DiaGraphics

You can do it the way hawkeye illustrates very well too. Or you could just select all shapes and use shapebuilder tool to delete everything you dont want. There is many ways :)