What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator How to turn multiple curved lines straight in illustrator or Inkscape?

Kiwifantast

Hi!

I've recently started to make vector based graphics to project with laser projector. Since the laser can't curve lines and can project a maximum of 1000 points per second, every curved line messes things up. To draw all my graphics per hand with the pen tool seems harsh and I suppose there are ways to achieve what I'm after for someone with good knowledge in the game.

Does anyone know how I can turn multiple curved lines straight without doing it anchor by anchor?
Does anyone know if I can set a maximum value for how many points a design can be made out of (like changing the resolution on a picture but in vector style).
Does anyone know the best/good settings when finding/creating a path in illustrator or Inkscape to get a path with straight lines and as few points as possible?

I would be very greatful if someone could help the newbie (me) to solve this! <3

I dont really know the answer to your first question. But the last two questions is solved best by using "simplify" i think. If you select your artwork and go to "object > simplify" it will delete all unnessesary anchor points to make it as simple as possible :)

Thank you for answering DiaGraphics! Sadly this only minimize the amounts of anchor points, like you said, and isn't a solution for me.

If anyone has a similar problem, please leave a comment and I will share future advances that we make with you. :) Have a blessed creative day!

Back