What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Help with logo - Illustrator

tim0409

Hi there

I would be really grateful for some advice on the following. I have a PDF with the vector logo for my small company and having downloaded Adobe Illustrator I now wish to learn the basics so I can manipulate the logo.

1) I have uploaded the AI file, and need to be able to crop the logo on the left (and text underneath which is currently invisible as it's white - I also need to change this to black).

2) I also need to be able to move around the individual lines of text as a block (if that makes sense).

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Tim

Attachments

• Artwork1_a6b27cc3-b1a6-411f-a672-cb0b3101b934.ai
    401.1 KB · Views: 11

Unscripted

I don't think you can "crop" as such in Illustrator, there are ways to go around this but I'm not very experienced with Illustrator.
For the selection it can be done by selecting the "select tool" or "direct selection tool" and highlighting the text, once it is selected just click on the text and drag it to where you want as shown below.

giphy.gif

To change the colour to black, select the text and double click on the whit box under the tools as shown below

giphy (1).gif

Hope this helps. :cheesygrin:

Last edited:

tim0409

Many thanks for the very helpful advice. I've managed to make the changes, just one other small point - the text is at a slight angle and I would like to align it so it's perfectly horizontal (when I choose to show the gridlines it's slightly off).

Once I've made the changes I really want to isolate that logo into a new file (there are two in the original ai file) so I can use it.

Unscripted

To isolate the logo i would got to File then new and make a new page with whatever dimensions you want. To bring the logo over just use the Direct selection tool to select the whole logo then press
ctrl + c to copy it, go to the new page you created and press ctrl + v to paste it (command + c and command + v on mac)

As for the rotating i'm not sure how you could do it so that the text would be perfectly horizontal, hopefully someone else can answer this for you :cheesygrin:

tim0409

Thanks again for the help. I've signed up for an Adobe subscription so slowly getting to grips with how to use it...

I wonder if somebody could help - I want to replace the text underneath the Toolbox logo (professional handyman service) and the font (according to Illustrator) is Akkurat although when I try and replace it, the font is significantly different. How can I replace the text, or is there something I am missing?

Thanks

Tim