What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making the best of a poor quality picture!

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
i think it's alright, but perhaps you can straighten the horizon in the background, nice retouch job though!

MotoChief

I think you could have left some of the hair that was on her forehead in place. It gave it a more tussled look.

iDad

Guru
I WOULD resize the doc and reposition the image to make the sunset more even. also add vibrance to colors, leaving hair intact.just a thought

Hoogle

Guru
Yeah I kind of agree I know when it comes to photography you get a nice efect in portraiture from angling the camera however this only works well when using a low depth of field so the background is out of focus in many cases like this you now have a distracting line going through her head aka the horizon this image would have been better if you took the image landscape and straight with a tight crop on the models face and 3\4 of the image being the sunset and horizon with the horizon line being on her shoulders.

Nice touch up work though all though the brown spot on her right forhead coul do with being cloned out.

MotoChief

Please forgive my feeble PS skills but how about something like this?

straighthorizon.jpg

Paul

Former Member
There not 'feeble', my only real issue now is the horizon line on the left is higher slightly.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
seems straight to me, there is a cloud that looks like part of the sea though.

Iamjus10

This is what i got..

jenpl.jpg
Would be better if i had a larger image to start with. But i just wanted to give it a try, see what people think.
iamjus10 DOT com!