What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent Hand Colouring

Dom

My more recent hand colouring project - An old photo of a Armenian soldier from WWII.

armenianmandonevco.png

I'm working on a tutorial for my work-flow for colourization if anyone is interested.

I will probably link it on the tutorials section on the forums when it's finished!

Also if any of you are on Twitter, I finally got around to making an account for my work so please follow!! :) @vcorestoration thanks!

Last edited:
Really nice color choices! The only thing is how bright the sky is in the background. Looks like the other colors are muted but the blue of the sky isn't. Otherwise, fantastic job!

Nice colorizing. The selection is not careful enough though. You have halo effects on the top of the head and trees and roofs. I think maybe your shadows have gone really dark, darker than the original. This is a really poor, very compressed jpeg and a lot of work given the quality of the picture.

I should think you would want to fix these things -- and consider Jessicayla's remark about the sky -- before you publish a tutorial. You want your tutorial to be legitimate instruction and your color is good, but some areas need better method before you teach your methods.

Back