What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Topaz | Clean v Adjust | Avatar

Inkz

Guru
Someone asked me the other day about how I achieve the effect on my avatar...

So for anyone interested,

Here's what I did to achieve the effect. I used Topaz clean and adjustments then masked. It gives it a nice gritty effect lol.

drama_zps8e0d39cf.png

Speedart:

iDad

Guru
it's a personal preference thing but I like Topaz Detail although I think all of Topaz programs are pretty cool and a must have, just a quick play around, or as Dee would put it a quick AW itch. scratched View attachment 27479 ...lol

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Love Topaz...it's wayyyyy cool.

Tom Mann

Guru
Hey, Inkz - u mind if we all jump on the bandwagon and have a Topaz-crazy-fest based on your avitar?

For a different look, here's a mix of Topaz details, clean and simplify (with a dash of shadows/highlights thrown in)

:mrgreen:

T

Attachments

• drama_zps8e0d39cf-01_ps01a-01.jpg
    drama_zps8e0d39cf-01_ps01a-01.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 29

Inkz

Guru
Be my guest Tom, Join in on the fun (nice idea for a community topic).... ;)

Almost looks painted. Nice one.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Good video Inkz. Just a little fast for me to follow some of it. Guess I'll have to get the Topaz and give it a shot. More things to put on my wish list . . .

Tom, I particularly like the painterly effect (being a painter myself).

Paul

Former Member
Good video Inkz. Just a little fast for me to follow some of it. Guess I'll have to get the Topaz and give it a shot. More things to put on my wish list . . .

Tom, I particularly like the painterly effect (being a painter myself).

Could you do me a quote for five bedrooms and a hallway please, oh the garage up and overs could do with a face lift also:mrgreen:

ibclare

Queen Bee
Yeah, that is toxic stuff! But don't worry unduly; Aunty Clare's eyes aren't what they used to be (and the brain? .....). Oh wait they never were what they used to be. I've been wearing specs since age 7. No wonder I'm so weird.

But this is your thread, so it's all about you.

You are wonderful! tolerant, helpful, talented, knowledgeable but not pedantic, even tempered (a characteristic I envy), skilled, artistic, funny in a low-key sorta way, hard-working, love women (all women), are very good looking (judging by your angel avatar, not House), have girls swoon over you all the time, probably play piano, cook gourmet, do your own laundry, are handy with carpentry tools, can change light bulbs, and you respect your mom. But most importantly, you like coffee!

Paul

Former Member
You been on the turps again my dear:rofl: