What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Colorisation of a infamous murderer.

JnthnMtthws

I thought I'd take an iconic photograph of Ian Brady and try and add some colour to him.

I'm an extreme amateur at this kinda thing, my second try.

I took the advice I was given last time (thanks Claire) and added some different tones when I did the skin.

Critique away, feel free to be nice too ;)

Recolourr.jpg Recolour.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sure relative of his victims wouldn't want to see that , but looks good there bud!

I don't think he deserves it either, but I for one think the image (not the man) is iconic in British history - Myra's mugshot was used in some kind of promotional footage for the 2012 Olympics because it marks an era of this country despite people beliefs or opinions. I wanted to take a well known recognised image and make it different, it just happened I wanted a straight faced portrait in black and white and this image fitted perfectly for what I wanted.

If the image is causing any discomfort, harm or insulting anybody feel free to take it down as that wasn't my intention, my aim was for the image to be talked about, not the man in it.

Your skin tones look pretty good, although it looks like you may have missed a bit at the top of his hairline. His jacket I believe to be tweed or other some kind of material, which has a lot of different colors and shades in it and it's messing with my mind since I have that association. Try to add some contrast to the jacket as well (I'm not sure it would have been green).

Your skin tones look pretty good, although it looks like you may have missed a bit at the top of his hairline. His jacket I believe to be tweed or other some kind of material, which has a lot of different colors and shades in it and it's messing with my mind since I have that association. Try to add some contrast to the jacket as well (I'm not sure it would have been green).

I tried various colours on the jacket, but I'll try another colour and like you said add some various tones/texture due to the material of it.

Just noticed the hairline too, you've got good eyes.

Thanks for the feedback, its appreciated :)

Back