What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

project from restoration challenge

Fatboy73

Guru
I tend to go with a minimalist approach to restoring photos, and try to leave some of the original aging and grain in while only fixing the majorly damaged areas. :)

Attachments

• Baby_restore.jpg
    Baby_restore.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Good restoration. I'd like to see it larger if you have it. Just one suggestion. I'd throw a little sharpening onto the child at least. Try a high pass. I think this will be the most effective without creating halos around the edges. Subtle, it doesn't need to be 100%. It is an old photo after all. Nice work.

Thanks Fatboy. Now I can see that you couldn't push the sharpening much more; it has signs of jpeg compression. What dpi did you scan it in as? Would this be sharper as a tiff? I am not familiar with that format, but I know otheres here are.

And they can chime in any time they want . . . ?

I think you brought the color balance a bit too far into the blue range. You did a really nice job of the colors overall, and that was a lot of work restoring the scratched off emulsion. It's really a nice restoration.

Thanks Clare. The photo came from here http://www.retouchpro.com/ I apologize but I think the time has come in our relationship to let you know that I...I'm...I'm seeing other websites... :cry:

I hope someday you can find it in your heart to forgive, But I am a dedicated poly-webbist and I there's just no changing that. :(

Back