What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Composition suggestion

ibclare

Queen Bee
Definitely get better and larger stocks. Unless you have posted a smaller, low res picture here. It is hard to examine at any detail because we can't enlarge it more. I'm limited to a 23 inch monitor, lol.

The "junk" which is all over the model is unforgivable. The selection of the girl is ragged and sloppy. Sorry about the rhetoric, but as a serious photoshopper, you can't accept that. All you seem to have done is plunked a questionable cutout of a model down onto a background. There is no shadow to demonstrate that she has any impact on the landscape, and the blades of grass disappear from directly in front of her.

The one good critique I can make, is that the composition is OK. But very simplistic and very poor quality. Keep working at it, get advice, use tutorials, copy what you see and find out how it was done, and don't give up. Photoshop Jedi Warrior realizes that patience, practice, play, and maybe prayer, are all part of the PS process. May the force be with you. (Sorry Paul for stealing your line!)

Last edited:

Inkz

Guru
Everything Aunty Clare has said...

But it's the little time consuming tasks such as cleaning up a cut and searching the interweb for HQ stocks that you need to work more on.

Take a looks at this topic for some great sites for great stocks, and there free

http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/photoshop-member-resources/44302-free-top-5-stock-resources.html

Saying that, it's always going to be a tricky job getting the girl to look like shes actually sitting in/on the grass whether you use great stocks or not.

chrisix

Guru
i guess the question is just about the placement of the girl, as an example, no need to clean it up for learning purposes.

so basicly, it will be hard giving her a good place in that image.
The image of the girl is small compared to the background
and the background has the horizon in the middle
combine those two will make it hard to make an interesting looking composition

Paul

Former Member
I agree with Tom. And larger. Unless you have posted a smaller, low res picture here. It is hard to examine at any detail because we can't enlarge it more. I'm limited to a 23 inch monitor, lol.

The "junk" which is all over the model is unforgivable. The selection of the girl is ragged and sloppy. Sorry about the rhetoric, but as a serious photoshopper, you can't accept that. All you seem to have done is plunked a questionable cutout of a model down onto a background. There is no shadow to demonstrate that she has any impact on the landscape, and the blades of grass disappear from directly in front of her.

The one good critique I can make, is that the composition is OK. But very simplistic and very poor quality. Keep working at it, get advice, use tutorials, copy what you see and find out how it was done, and don't give up. Photoshop Jedi Warrior realizes that patience, practice, play, and maybe prayer, are all part of the PS process. May the force be with you. (Sorry Paul for stealing your line!)

YouBcorrectthough, who's Tom by the way?

samoliversam

Thanks all for great suggestions,

when i was saving to show you all
i saved in save for web
i though it may not load here
fast (high res)

i did it wrong i think?

There is no shadow to demonstrate that she has any impact on the landscape, and the blades of grass disappear from directly in front of her.

thanks ibclare, that's very nice suggestions
i didn't thought in this way,
that's cool ideas,