What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics From 1975

Mookie

Just wanted some opinions on this. Did them for my girlfriend's father.

All criticism is welcome as well as tips for improvement!!

Thanks

EDIT: Wanted to clarify that new images are on the left old on the right. (in case there was any confusion)

Attachments

• 75m.jpg
    75m.jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 75a.jpg
    75a.jpg
    444.9 KB · Views: 1

iDad

Guru
I think someone needs a haircut! LOL j/k they look very good

I have a suggest to get rid of that spot behind his head select the section of the chair behind him copy> paste a new layer with it> make it a smart object. enlarge it to cover the area and maybe blend the edges of it in to the layer below

Last edited:

Mookie

I think someone needs a haircut! LOL j/k they look very good

I have a suggest to get rid of that spot behind his head select the section of the chair behind him copy> paste a new layer with it> make it a smart object. enlarge it to cover the area and maybe blend the edges of it in to the layer below

Do you mean the thumb in the way?? That's a pretty good idea. I was trying to figure out how I could remove that also but it was eluding me. I might try that next chance I get. Wish I had PS on my work comp so I could try it now hahaha. Like I have said, I'm still kinda new (2 years isn't enough time to get into this program and think you're "good" at it IMO LOL) and I thought the pics turned out good but who the hell knows if there's more I could do other than what I did.

Thanks for the input everyone, I really do appreciate it.

4DragonsMedia

Those are lookin' pretty good. I did some for a family gathering some time back and everyone was amazed at the result, i'm sure you'll get a similar reaction.

Guardian

WAY OUT Mooks... oh wait, that was the 60s...

FAR OUT Mooks

You did a good job considering what the source gave you to work with.
iDad had a good idea for you imo.(he would be the one to tell you to get a haircut being dad and all:)) I would work with the photog's blurred finger and create a kind of circular hazy ring out of focus and framing what you want to be your focus point, much like the effect iDad suggested. Try for a nostalgic looking back in time through a hazy time portal efffect.
Also the lower shot looks a bit harsh in contrast(could be my own display). I would step it back a click or so with the curves adjustment.
I'll shut up now:mrgreen:

Peace Dude -G. :yourock:Oh wait that's the....90s???

PS at first I thought that was a laptop behind you and WTF did he get that in '75!?:rolleyes: 60's hangover still with me I guess...

Last edited:

4DragonsMedia

WAY OUT Mooks... oh wait, that was the 60s...

FAR OUT Mooks

You did a good job considering what the source gave you to work with.
iDad had a good idea for you imo.(he would be the one to tell you to get a haircut being dad and all:)) I would work with the photog's blurred finger and create a kind of circular hazy ring out of focus and framing what you want to be your focus point. Give it a nostalgic looking back in time through a time portal.
Also the lower shot looks a bit harsh in contrast(could be my own display). I would step it back a click or so with the curves adjustment.
I'll shut up now:mrgreen:

Peace Dude -G. :yourock:Oh wait that's the....90s???

PS at first I thought that was a laptop behind you and WTF did he get that in '75!?:rolleyes: 60's hangover still with me I guess...

I was just thinking about all the filters I have to dirty up photos to make them look like '75 but not one of them will reverse the process. About time somebody came out with a 1 button fix imo. OK back to drinking and watching Scarface.