What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retouch of a studio portrait

Renee

So a friend of mine gave this to me and wanted me to enhance it. The contrast was wrong and he didn't like some of the other elements present on his subject. I didn't change the wrist cuff, although I wish I could it's ugly.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 1
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 0

Renee

Please a brief explanation should work. I like the red tones that you put in her hair also.

Hoogle

Guru
this was a few hours ago now so here we go
step 1 select clone stamp tool and clone the jeans over the edge of the sweat band on wrist
step 2 clone the arm over the wrist band
step 3 lower opacity of clone stamp to 50% andkeep cloning in circular motions to smooth out original cloning marks repeat this for stretch marks above jeans in center
step 4 duplicate the whole image and boost exposure right up and apply a layer mask so it should almost be blown out white background
step 5 with layer mask selected use a soft large brush at 50% opacity and paint in black tho bring back the model to the required amount
step 6 create a new layer and paint in red at 100% opacity over the hair and set the layer blending mode to colour and reduce layer opacity to the desired effect
step 6 same as previous but with lips
step 7 flatten image and go to image >adjustments >photofilter and apply a warming filter to your liking
step 8 well your done just fine tweaking

Renee

That's a big help! I'm a self taught photoshop newbie. I don't know why It hadn't occured to me that I could make the clone less obvious by lowering the opacity! That's great! Your amazing! I can't wait to play with the effect in hair also!

Hoogle

Guru
I started photoshop purely for this work and have learnt a lot along the way and it is simple tricks like that, that make life a lot easier