What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my bad photography skills reform

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
The Beach was one of my favorite pictures, i was bored one day and i had asked mum if we could go to New Brighton for a bit, it isn't our local beach, it's actually a 2 hour train journey to get there, but i loved the atmosphere there, hence why we go to that length to get to merseyside. i just love it over there, but anyway, the wind was really strong out there, and thankfully it was dry too. i looked over the ledge to see if the tide was out and i was met by a spectacular sight, i always take my little kodak everywhere with me, just in case there's that one second of an ideal world.

so i was able to get it.
due to the wind being so strong, i couldn't steady my camera in my hand so i had to rest it on a ledge causing a horizon problem :/

Before:
the horizon is on a seriously wrong angle and is distracting.
101_1725.JPG
After:
horizon has been put onto a better angle
photo fix1.jpg

Shaped and Alone
was one i grew fond of, and i have only just gotten a suitable fix for it.
Before
overexposed due to accidental flash.
101_1810.jpg

After
a lengthy fix saved the image from deletion.
101_1810 retouch.JPG

I'll post up more soon.

SeniorS

Guru
They look better.
Last corrected good but now you lost all details in background, maybe that what you wanted then everything is okey. If not then if i overdo something then one of easiest way is just copy over original (if it still exist :) ) and play with mask/opacity/blending mode to get samething in middle. In that case that would be to get details back if needed of course.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
yeah, i'll try and fix that, playing about with the blending options makes it look like i've done something with it, the wole idea was to keep it natural so...

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
XD

this is one of my better photos, i uploaded it when i was borrowing mum's flickr account.
it was about a year ago when i took this, excuse the date.
before:
date is annoying, wrong way round
5035520083_187903e642_b.jpg

After:
given it some pzazz, turned it around and removed the date.
1.jpg

another of my better ones, but it was evident the focus had gone barmy.
Before, bad focus in some cases, annoying date
5036162362_26473397da_b.jpg

After:
sharper
3.jpg

Attachments

• 5035520083_187903e642_b.jpg
    5035520083_187903e642_b.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    575.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Stric9

Power User
Zeealex I did some work to your beach picture. I hope you don't mind.

photo fix1 copy.jpg