What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best way to do the hair

alixman96

I tought of of putting a replay on the on going chalange week but i found a totally diffrent and easyer way of doing the hair and besides that thread is soo long no one is going to read it dont get me wrong im not doing this for my self im just trying to help people: >>>>>>>Photoshop Mama's #4 Green Screen Extract Wispy Hair - YouTube<<<<<< It best works on single colored background but if you have the pacient you can make it work on any here how it looks like (i did this very fast you guys can do much better i bet)

Attachments

• haireDX.jpg
    haireDX.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • Kate-Winslet-Messy-Hair-1280x800-32079[1].jpg
    Kate-Winslet-Messy-Hair-1280x800-32079[1].jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 0

alixman96

ohh yea but i didnt see it using the same technic ? idk may be i didnt read it carefully

alixman96

do u want me to remove this thread i will if there is any problem

Paul

Former Member
No way mate, the more ways to do anything is a bonus - REMEMBER NO ONE WAY IS THE BEST OR ONLY WAY - keep doing what you are doing mate no worries.

Burned Ice

Power User
no, nothing is wrong about this technique

Stric9

Power User
Your title implies that this technique is the Best way to do hair. I often find photoshop like many other things....you get out of it what you put into it.

Burned Ice

Power User
If one simply believes there is no other better way they shall see that as the best, is very logical.
And in this case, you should think about the fact that everyone has other experiences with different techniques, F.E. I am totally confused following the steps in the tutorial provided in the "hai can some one remove the background from these two images" thread, I fixed my 10# contest entry with other techniques and some cutting in the hair, which did come out but not as best as other's entry's (I'm quite happy with the result myself)
the green screen technique is quick and easy and comes out very good but it has his limits, not all pictures are provided with a green screen background.

alixman96

i guss ur right stric9 and burned ice u do get out of it what u put in to but one thing i mentioned before if u take the time u can extract a regular backgrounded image with this but it will takes some times as the number of colors in the background go up

Paul

Former Member
Look guys like already said - NO ONE WAY IS THE ONLY WAY - WE ALL USE THE TOOLS IN OUR OWN SPECIAL WAY AS LONG AS THE END RESULT MAKES YOU AND/OR CLIENTS HAPPY job done, No worries.

Nice job alixman96

That's definitely an improvement, please keep it up

As our fellow members said before, there's NOT a magic formula to work whit, and to adapt it to every PS situation.

Everyone has it's own work style, and will eventually develop his own technique and workflow,

The most important rule in Digital art is simple, just enjoy what you do, experiment, practice and have fun.