What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Product Image touch up - would love your thoughts and suggestions:)

webwize

Hi everyone,

I would love your thoughts on the before and after images below, brief was to remove all shadows etc and place on a pure white background. I'm no expert in retouching jewellery and any insights you could give me would really help.

[ATTACHView attachment 10562=CONFIG]10563[/ATTACH]

Would also be interested in photography suggestions, I think the original image was pretty poor if I am honest, the lack of contrast between foreground and background made this a very time consuming job, I didn't take the photo but I can pass any suggestions on.

BTW - had to attache a jpeg rather than the psd due to size so quality is a little off...

Cheers

webwize

Attachments

• CareBearWishBrclt.jpg
    CareBearWishBrclt.jpg
    981.3 KB · Views: 5
  • CareBearWishBrclt1.jpg
    CareBearWishBrclt1.jpg
    627.9 KB · Views: 4

webwize

Thanks Steve, he really did - his help was invaluable :) still taking me ages and there is no doubt room for improvement but I cant say thanks enough.

webwize

Thanks Hari - any chance you could elaborate a little, I'm not sure what your suggesting and how it will help? I really want to make these images as good as possible so if you (or anyone else for that matter) could let me know that would be wonderful.

Many Thanks in advance

\webwize

Persuader

Would also be interested in photography suggestions, I think the original image was pretty poor if I am honest, the lack of contrast between foreground and background made this a very time consuming job, I didn't take the photo but I can pass any suggestions on.

As a photographer I can tell you that is a really poor image to begin with.

You can maybe suggest to invest in a light box in the future. (or make one yourself)

Hoogle

Guru
I think it is an amazing job considering the original background was green.