What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Portrait before - after. Criticisim appreciated.

Paul

Former Member
Nicely done mate, just one issue for me, a little to orange in the skin, and some of the hair is clumpy in colour.
Nice work though mate.

Carson

Power User
lol thanks Motochief, and Paul, thanks for the criticism, I personally like the orange color. Makes it seem like a warm environment, and also gives her a make-up color. I didn't edit the inside of the hair either lol. I traced the outside with a clone stamp tool, and the healing brush tool to remove excess hair. I also did that too the inside.

Paul

Former Member
Your image is your work mate, but you have asked for critique, and my observation of your image shows some recolour to excess in my opinion.:)

Carson

Power User
Paul, I appreciate the critique, but I didn't edit the hair. I can see what your talking about, but that is also in the original image. Maybe the model had highlights or something?

I don't like the white cloud that you have set to overlay around her face. I think it ruins the bottom of the hair, though this is just my opinion, and probably don't speak for the masses. The face is nice enough though.

Furio

I don't like the white cloud that you have set to overlay around her face.
Me neither. The first thing that bothered me about the original is the background, I would burn it to black (burn tool) and add a small levels or curves correction. That's it. I wouldn't add anything else, the rest is perfect the way it is in my opinion.

Carson

Power User
Yeah, thanks guys. I shouldn't have put the white cloud like stuff, but it was just something to make the image look more finished. I like Furio's idea with the black burn to the outside.

I agree with Paul - a bit too much orange in the skin. But otherwise, I think it looks great.

Agent