What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

afternoon fun

ibclare

Queen Bee
I downloaded some very nice feather brushes for a different project today, then I wanted to use them for my own purposes.
Here's a link to the brushes created by Falin Brushes: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=feather+brushes#/dfqpex

The original photo is by a portrait artist/photographer, also on deviant art:http://ksu-matyakh.deviantart.com/
My intent was not to improve on her photo -- it doesn't need it IMO -- but to have fun working with an image I've kept in my library for awhile. It helps to build on solid ground.
You may like the original better. :mrgreen:

Here is the original:

portraits_by_KsuMatyakh.jpg

Here is my manipulation:

feather_portrait.jpg

Last edited:

Hoogle

Guru
May I suggest go to image > rotation 90 degrres ccw.

Nice looking brushes though.

I am trying to work out if the original was an illustration or a heavily edited photo the hair makes me lean towards photo.

Me likey me not see you on Skypey no more.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I worked on it part of the time in vertical. I am pretty sure it is a photo, like you said, much manipulated.

I've been working extra this week so not around much, not nearly enough for my preferences, :D.

sunrise

woow ,, you inspired me ,, I never thought it will be like the last ,,

thnx 4 share...

sassyprint

Actually I like what you did with it better. Putting in colors and turning the hair into feathers was brilliant. Do you have any more works like this?