What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

retouching !

thedirtyknapkin

Power User
i think you were doing really well, until you added the split toning...

the colors you chose actually make the shadow look like a bad case of ca (chromatic aberration)

you also appear to have softened the detail in the eyes, a photographer generally wants the eyes to be the sharpest part of any portrait, human or otherwise.

this softness causes me to look away from her eyes, which is exactly the opposite of what should happen, and, while the second image has many improvements, the overall goal of guiding the eyes was achieved much better in the original

Reactions: M_S

M_S

i wanted to create a "summer" look, this way i wanted to go with bright colors.
and as for the eyes i actualy made sure not to soften them when i was working on
the skin, the only change made was a slight change of colors. i will try to avoid both
in the future, thanks for your replay !

Paul

Former Member
Way to red mate, the softness as worked in parts, pay some attention to the lighting and watch for over colouring.
Nice try though.

oxonium

without the color tone its way better, but id still sharpen the eys a bit maybe with the high pass filter on overlay around the eyes to bring the focus back there