What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Face retouching 3

Still-learning

My third before/after;

Before-after3.png

Once again, comments are more then welcome..

ibclare

Queen Bee
Well done. I think the face has too much of a peach tone and perhaps you smoothed her skin out a bit too much, but that is certainly a preference based on usage, etc. There is also some artifact on the cheek by the hair.

But overall, and for a third retouch, very nice.

ibis

Power User
nice.
when taking photos of the persons with problematic skin (women especially;-))
i always ask them not to use skin powder in order not to have skin tone changed.
you probably had it too greenish (due to the powder), and then hit autocolor or something that reduced green tones but drove too much of magenta tones on (it is visible on the haircolor too).

it is nice you have payed attention to the hand skin too, many retouches focus on face only.
your next step (only in fashion photography, though) will be subtle warping of certain section of the face
in order to shrink/shape the nose, lift up the eyelids or face sections and so on..
be careful with lower eyelids, so many editors completely remove those making people bit Far east looking.
this is of course ok if they are actual from far east.-)

Last edited:

Tioga

Nice work on all three Still Learning. Appreciate you sharing.

Ron

Paul

Former Member
For me the eyes spoil it, they make it look retouched more so than the orange skin, great effort though bud:thumbsup: