What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first restore job

Paul

Former Member
Firstly welcome to the site, secondly very nice retouching.
One critique, i would have put a colour filter over it rather than left it flat black and grey, some of the saturation levels need a tweak where the brides flowers are on top of the groom.
But that said well done nice work.

valravn

thanks for the tipp, i'm still playing a little around with this one :D
i'm not quite happy with bottom either. cropping would be too easy, even though the picture is taller than usual.

Are there supposed to be white dots on the bride's face? Or can you try and cover those over with the clone stamp?

Agent

chitkaran

Guru
What are those white dots on the bride face for anyways ? Are they supposed to be there as in the old pic too, or is it just the reflection of overhead lights maybe ?

Remote-Medic

Beast RARRR!
Are there supposed to be white dots on the bride's face? Or can you try and cover those over with the clone stamp?

Agent

I was thinking that, and as Paul suggests add a warming filter or similar. Also maybe a slight gausian blur to as it seems a little over sharpened for me. I like the defused, softer look of the original. Other than that, good Job buddy :thumbsup:

valravn

yup, those spots are supposed to be there, they'd be easy to be done with.
fixed the saturation, the flowers on the right are much clearer now, great of you noticing.
also put a LBA at 20% over it, and blended a bokeh layer into with about 15%.
looks much more dreamy now XD
:)

final.jpg

Last edited: