What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retouch random girl before and after

ForeverFallenAngel

Power User
Then again, Inkz, there's an equally good chance the she saw my post, but hated my choice of using a discard photo showing out-of-focus people milling around in the studio, a modeling light on and glaring at the camera, etc.. :eek:

Tom

I never saw it Tom n I do like it much better than that other background :cheesygrin:

Inkz

Guru
Well that post wasn't there when I posted so must of been posted around same time and erm excuse me Inkz but who missed a crack on a retouch and got my name wrong in a post so :rofl:

Haha...

Excuses, excuses. There's a 4 hour and 20 minute time difference between Tom's post and yours.

Twas there long before yours :rofl:

And cough cough, please don't mention the crack on the restoration. :eek: lol

Paul

Former Member
Less is more, and the more natural she looks the more real she looks, spots and all.
lessismore.jpg

iDad

Guru
:hitit:...... WHAT? I didn't make the emoticon list, I just use em lol

Tom Mann

Guru
"Less is more, and the more natural she looks the more real she looks, spots and all."

Absolutely true, but this is why I made my earlier comment about the wishes of the model & her family.

As you may know, I photograph a lot of students every year, and the word has gotten out that I can do retouching. Many of the girls specifically ask if I would mind giving them the overly smoothed look they see on posters, in magazines. Many of them really want to look like this, especially after they have had it done once or twice before. I have to turn them down because of the effort it would take (photography is only a fun sideline to teaching ... but it gets my photos published regularly ;-) ), but if they were private, paying customers, I would be happy to do it for them -- if that's what they (and their parents) want.

Since this girl's skin was in such bad shape, I gave her almost "the full treatment" just to show what could be done. Someday, she won't have those zits, and seeing what they can look in a few years like can lift the spirits of kids with this problem.

Just my $0.02,

T

Creativesnaps

Its a good effort but you have gone a bit to far. Try some D&B and and other tools. Also watch out for the hairline.