What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panavia Tornado- GR4 to FGR5

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
not the usual every day thing you'd see in the before and after showroom, but hey ho. it's an upgrade of something old to something new. so it kinda counts! XD

anyway, if you aren't particularly familiar with the Tornado, it's pretty old now, so I thought i'd have a go at slightly modernizing it. I've taken a 3 view image of the IDS variant, and added a couple of bits and pieces and changed it around slightly. it's a subtle change and would never work, but it looks different either way.

Tornado GR4:
inter_tornado.gif

my upgrade to Tornado FGR5:
Tornado FGR5.jpg

if you can't see the differences, the Air intakes have been moved down and their shape has been changed, the transition from cockpit to wing is smoother, canards have been added, and dual vertical stabs replace the single one there before and their size has been reduced.

meh?

Last edited:
thanks Dv8, i was looking for a more EF2000, F16 and SU33 look when i did it and if it looks that way, awesome! :p

@paul essentially yes, it could fly, however the canards may obstruct the air intakes and the avionics would have to be changed to allow for dual rudder control and control of the canards.

Zee said:
however the canards may obstruct the air intakes....

Excellent observation Zee, the canards would disrupt the airflow to the intakes and stall the compressors. Also, most with few exceptions, canard configured fighters do not have horizontal stabs/stabalators. However, this config may serve the fighter well in low speed aggressive maneuvering by (poorly) mimicking vectored thrust.

it's showing how it would look in flight with the landing gear up, and then the other side with the landing gear down.

as you can tell by the little wheel outline on that side

Excellent observation Zee, the canards would disrupt the airflow to the intakes and stall the compressors. Also, most with few exceptions, canard configured fighters do not have horizontal stabs/stabalators. However, this config may serve the fighter well in low speed aggressive maneuvering by (poorly) mimicking vectored thrust.

yep! I think the SU-47 has a similar layout, with canards and horizontal stabs (as well as its wings) can't remember if it has thrust vectoring or not but it is very manoeuvrable.

It was the canard issue that made me ask.

Back