What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Self-Portrait First Retouch Attempt Ever. Opinion?

Nice job, Paul.

FWIW, I prefer it at the lower resolution of the animated GIF. The sharpening artifacts (eg, bright halos around practically every hair) are too visible in the higher rez version.

T

Yikes!

Just kidding. Sweet stuff, but my opinion is that it final result would be more striking if you reduce the saturation and vivacity a bit.

Is it it just me, or did your camera focus more on your hair than your face? The highlights in the front of your hair draw me there instead of your face.

...Is it it just me, or did your camera focus more on your hair than your face? The highlights in the front of your hair draw me there instead of your face.

You're not the only one who noticed this. See messages #17 and 18 in this thread:

"...It looks to me like the plane of best focus passed through his eyebrows and the camera was slightly tilted so that his chin was around an inch or a bit more in back of the plane of best focus..."

...and by inference, the hair towards the front of his head would also be very near the plane of best focus.

I suggested that he not shoot head-and_shoulders shots wide open for this very reason.

T

I'm glad you are all still giving tips and trying things out. I haven't been on a lot the past few days due to some life issues, haha! Anyways, I appreciate all the help you guys are still giving. I've been trying some things with this lately. I just have not gotten around to uploading them. You'll all see my new stuff whenever I get around to it.

Have a great Day/Night everyone!
-Jon

Back