What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black And White To Color!!

Nice..

What method are you using to create the coloured version? I normally do this using curves and masking.

Well I guess the point is to help each other on here for sure. :p I would find it very difficult using Curves and Masking to be honest. Haha.

I use a hue and saturation adjustment layer. You just add one above the black and white image, in the adjustment panel click the colorize box, choose the color you want, the saturation of that color and if you so desire, the lighting(I don't recommend this though, as the effect alone already has the original's lighting. No need to change it.). Then all you do is mask out(paint black) the areas of the image you don't want that particular color.
Repeat that for every color you want. :)

Hope this helps other people too!

Edit: LOL!!!! @egosbar

Last edited:
Excellent!

My guess is that you are using a good monitor and have paid attention to color management - eh?

T

Buddy, you scored a home run with that whether you know it or not. The MAN in this forum as far as color theory and how to apply it is Tom Mann. If Tom likes it, your golden. I had never done but very little color before I came to this forum several months ago. I got the crap beat out of me with some of the garbage I posted. Tom helped me immensely. Your submission is stunning. Keep it up.

Hey Larry! Thank you so much for all of the kind words, compliments, and feedback! I'm glad so many people like the work I do! I'll definitely try to keep it up. :)

Your welcome. Skin is probably one of the most difficult things to get right. You did a good job. I d/l it and looked at your CMYK values with a 31x31 average and I think I might have tried to get it up a little bit, not a lot but some. I like mine at C=15,M=30=Y=33 and K=0. Main thing is that it strikes you as being natural when you see it IMHO.
Hey Larry! Thank you so much for all of the kind words, compliments, and feedback! I'm glad so many people like the work I do! I'll definitely try to keep it up. :)

Back